Senior SharePoint Business Analyst / Implementation Expert
We're hiring a senior SharePoint business analyst / implementation expert to work out of our Edmonton office. The ideal candidate will be well-rounded in all aspects of SharePoint design and development. He or she has a passion for communicating and can easily translate business requirements into well-designed solutions for our clients. If you're interested and you meet the requirements, please get in touch–we'd love to talk with you!
- Responsible for finding the best way to structure content within SharePoint so that systems can work well for clients while leveraging SharePoint functionality and tool strengths
- Collaborate with clients to define system/tool requirements and map those requirements to the SharePoint feature set
- Facilitate conversations between clients and internal technical teams to confirm project approach. Work with the technical team to convey where SharePoint customization can meet client needs and what needs to be custom-built
- 1-2 years working with SharePoint 2013 (both on-premise and online, preferred)
- Degree or diploma in computer science or related field
- Comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively with clients and team mates
- A curious mind and a questioning disposition
- An interest in helping clients design and implement solutions that help solve important business problems
- A good understanding of the relative strengths and weaknesses of SharePoint on-premis vs. SharePoint online and the ability to discuss with clients in relation to specific requirements
- A good understanding of what SharePoint can do OOTB with "no-code" solutions (i.e., SharePoint Designer, Master Pages/Page Layouts, InfoPath, XLST, etc.)
- At least some understanding of when custom code is needed (i.e., custom Timer Jobs, scheduled Windows Tasks, custom solution in Visual Studio, etc.)
- Understanding of risks involved, the limitations, maintenance needs, costs, and hardware/staffing requirements with each type of scenario listed above
- The SharePoint BA must be able to consult with clients and the internal team on what SharePoint doesn't do well or without extensive customizations etc.