Collaborative Governance is the principal of sharing ownership of the intranet with various groups or individuals in an organization. Instead of no owner, or a single one, a collaborative team governs through the application of policies, standards and templates. Everyone involved takes a stake in the intranet and is given ownership of sections of the site. Below are the top ten reasons to implement collaborative governance for an organization.
10. To ensure technology standards are enforced.
9. To maintain the consistent look and feel of the intranet across the different business units of your company.
8. To ensure that all departments and business units are represented fairly on the intranet and ensure that one business unit does not take control of the intranet.
7. To resolve conflicts between different departments or business units.
6. To balance the workload of managing the intranet and ensure one business unit does not get overwhelmed with the work.
5. To ensure the future direction of the intranet meets the needs of its users.
4. To maintain the overall integrity of an intranet.
3. To maintain your company’s mission statement and vision for the intranet.
2. To assign and maintain content ownership of sections of the intranet.
And the number 1 reason to implement collaborative governance...
1. To ensure your intranet is NEVER forgotten and always current.