Recently, the Alberta Safety Codes Council adopted Microsoft Dynamics CRM as their platform for the Master Electrician Management System.
The Safety Codes Council is a statutory corporation that formulates and oversees the development and administration of safety codes and standards throughout the province. Working with its partners in government, labour, industry and education, the Safety Codes Council provides innovative, effective, and efficient public safety programs to industry and communities.
The Safety Codes Council is responsible to the Minister of Alberta Municipal Affairs and works under authority of the Safety Codes Act, which was passed in June 1991.
The Safety Codes Council is made up of:
- a Coordinating Committee who function as the Board of Directors for the Safety Codes Council
- a Technical Coordinating Committee who review and recommend codes and standards, and advise the Coordinating Committee on accreditation and certification matters
- 10 sub councils (Amusement Rides, Barrier Free, Boilers & Pressure Vessels, Building, Electrical, Elevators, Fire, Gas, Passenger Ropeways, and Plumbing)
With the construction industry in Alberta booming, it is important to ensure that trades are qualified. This information falls on the Safety Codes Council of Alberta to maintain. With over 10,000 Master Electricians registered, managing the contact information as well as the certification requirements can be a daunting task.
Master Electricians in Alberta are required to be certified by the Safety Codes Council. In addition to managing the registration of Master Electricians, the Safety Codes Council also ensures that the Master Electricians’ compulsory tests are all completed and passed, and that the Master Electricians annual registration fee are collected and processed.
Delivering the Solution
iomer implemented the Certification Management System utilizing Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online for the internal data and process management and Microsoft SharePoint for Internets to allow the general public to query Master Electrician information as well as allowing Master Electricians to make online payments. The Certification Management System meets the current business requirements as well as serves as a strong platform for future requirements and enhancements to the Master Electricians system as well as adding additional solutions and users to the platform.
iomer’s Certification Management System delivers significant business impact for the Safety Codes Council by:
- reducing operating efforts and costs;
- improving cash flow;
- improving service to Master Electricians;
- improving service to the general public;
- providing Safety Codes Council with a more flexible system for expansion and adaptation to future requirements;
- Providing valuable insight into the Master Electricians data.